Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Day 4 - Adoption Is Official

It's Tuesday. Isabela slept through the entire night, woke up this morning around 6:30 a.m. Ray and I were up every hour of the night to check on her. I was so glad to see her in her crib and that it wasn't a dream. The "parent instinct" developes quickly. This morning we traveled back to the Civil Affairs office to finalize the adoption of Isabela. We promised to love her, educate her, and never mistreat her - obviously. After our naps, we are off to the park and to shop for baby clothes and shoes.



A few things we're learning about Isabela. She loves to watch everything happening around her. She is very pleasant and loves to be held and cuddled. She is bonding with Ray and I equally. She is not walking yet. Has two teeth on the bottom and several on the top. Today she has become more interested in her toys. She does not like to get a bath or have her clothes changed, she cries. We're working with the formula. She loves apple juice and congee (Google it!!!). She likes to suck on her middle and ring finger and likes to cross her fingers upside down.

Wanna see one of our videos of Isabela?

3 comments:

charlene said...

How precious-she is adorable,one of you is quite the writer by the way.

Angela Price said...

Congratulations Leslie and Ray!!!! I was really excited to hear you both were going to China to pick up your daughter. Isabela is aboslutley gorgeous!!!! By the way, how old is Isabela?

Ron said...

Great vid.
I want to see a pic of that Ultraman t-shirt!