Monday was our big shopping day. We headed out with our group but took a taxi back to the hotel so that we could stay several hours longer. You'll see in the pics how busy the streets are at the market district. It was a sea of people and the shops were very close together. We got good merchandise. We had lunch at McDonalds. Isabela likes to go shopping and is very patient. She learned today to sleep in her new stroller. What a great help that will be.
Emma, the little girl in the pic looking over the seat, is 4 years old. She was helping me make my shopping list on the way to the market. She is as smart as a whip. She can even spell.
I wanted to also mention that Chinese New Years is approaching. The Chinese Lunar Calendar is 2,640 years older than ours and never begins on January 1st, nor does it begin on the same date each year. It can begin any time between January 21st and February 18th, depending on the date of the New Moon in Aquarius. Each year is named for an animal. Every 12 years this cycle begins again. The Chinese say that the animal ruling the year you were born will influence your life. In 2009, Chinese New Year begins January 26th and will be the year of the Ox. The streets are filled with red lanterns, paper dragons, and lots of mandarin orange trees. The trees symbolize good luck for the new year. Isabela, born at the beginning of 2008, is the year of the Pig.
Although we have met alot of new friends, we very much miss our friends and family from home and would love to hear from you if you are reading our blog.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm still reading! I'm very happy for you guys.
So, what's the overall itinerary for the trip? What all do you have to accomplish? How long will you be there? How far afield will you go? Got any mapping data that you can upload so that we can easily track you?
Cheers,
Glen
Taz, Emily and I have been reading the blog everyday (okay, technically, Emily has been enjoying the pictures and having the blog read to her everyday!). We are relieved that you are all doing so well! I must say that I really miss you (Leslie) at work! It just is not the same without you! The pictures are amazing! Isabela’s personality is really coming out in the pics and I can’t wait to meet her in person! You guys come home this Friday right? Wow how time flies! I can’t wait to see Isabela and Emily play together! Do either of you guys have facebook? I recently posted pics of you (Leslie) and Emily on my facebook. You guys are sooo sweet! If either of you have a facebook account, please add me as a friend (I couldn’t find you) that way you can see the pics.
All is well here. Work is super busy (but what else is new! ). Just praying for your safe uneventful trip home and thinking about all the fun we will all have once you are back!
Miss you!
Kim, Taz and Emily
Hi Pader Family,
I have been following your journey and want to let you know I am thinking of you, wishing you nothing but the best. I imagine it is difficult getting to know you little angel while being so busy. Please stay safe, you will be home soon....Terry
Hello Guys! I, too, am following this everyday! Leslie & Ray, you both look so happy & content. I miss you guys and can't wait until you come home so I can meet her.
Love, Beth
Post a Comment